Tuesday 24 April 2012


That is the beginning of my pre-production of my final film in HDN Media Movie Image in BMC. I am very excited because I have that script in my mind since two years ago when I joined BMC Media Movie Image course. Over the last two year the film was creating shape and becoming alive in my head. Today I am very excited that finally this film will come alive into the big screen. There is a lot of pre-production to do. But so far my script is wrote and it is been edited, I am about to secure location and cast. I am still need to hear back from Ulster folk  museum to find out if i can use their premisses as location for shoot. Finger crossed that I will be getting it, otherwise I will have to work harder to get location on time.  Soon I will post material research. Last night I had a meeting with my DP, he was very impressed with the script and he is very happy to work with the photography design for me. He has lots of experience in filming and also he has a great Canon 650D. Things are going well so far. I still have not heard from ulster folk transport museum, I called the manager there and left a voice mail but still have not heard anything from them I will call again today. Also I contact a local football club to get the boys to play football.  His i happy to help but i might will have to change location for the football scene to Mallusk Play fields  . The pictures of the possible new location is here have a look.  Jacqui tell me what do you think about this new location for Belfast fields in 50s kids playing outside the house. Thanks  






2 comments:

  1. Mallusk is a good second option but I know you have now got permission for Ulster Folk so dilemna over! All reads well, lovely sourcing of imagery and lots of good background research. Well done. By the way, kitchens in the 50s were very unfitted - separate tables, dressers, shelves - not matching and usually a drab buttermilk, magnolia colour with plain white tiles around sink (single) area and cooker (which was free standing) - all coming back into vogue I understand (maybe not the buttermilk colour mind you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacqui! I am building that kitchen in my garage. I had some fitted shelves, but I will hide some of them and try to frame my shot in a way that would not revel the shelves well. I am still have problems with the floor. But will get it sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete